The role of the Health Promoter is tailored and continuously adapting to our patients' needs. To promote health we will extend our reach into the community.
The Health Promoter at the Prince Edward Family Health Team is working to:
- Increase awareness of the programs/services offered by the Family Health Team
- Support other organizations in the community in developing, delivering and improving various activities related to health.
- Disseminate reliable health-related information to as many residents of Prince Edward County as possible, through community presentations, radio interviews, public speaking, among others.
- Highlight awareness day, week, or month' themes for a variety of topics through the process of conducting and being involved with a variety of health promotion activities (example – November is diabetes awareness month, March is nutrition month).
- Continuously increase knowledge and awareness of health-related community initiatives, groups and organizations being developed or improved.
- Assist in motivating and empowering residents of Prince Edward County to develop and maintain a healthier lifestyle through leading various physical activity programs, setting a positive example, and acting as a role model.
To empower the residents of Prince Edward County increase their control over, and improve their own health through a wide variety of social and environmental interventions.
Links of Interest
For more information about free cooking classes in Prince Edward County or the Food Access Guide, please click the following link: Healthy Eating
Hours of Operation
Thursday and Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
Sandbanks Medical Centre
12 Prince Edward Drive
Sarah Sandham, RD
613-399-1281 ext. 5