Smoking Cessation Support Service
The Prince Edward Family Health Team Smoking Cessation Support Service provides individualized support and education for smokers of all ages, who are interested in quitting.
Our Smoking Cessation Specialists will:
- Provide nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) free of charge.
- Assess your smoking history
- Help you to understand the underlying reasons for smoking
- Work with you to develop a quit smoking plan
- Help you pick a quit smoking date
- Review medications that are available to help you quit smoking
- Refer you to your health care provider if you want to try a smoking cessation medication
- Discuss ways to minimize weight gain when quitting
- Provide in-office or telephone follow-up support
- Help you to revisit and revise your quit smoking plan as needed
- Discuss participation in a smoking cessation support group
Links of Interest
Making an Appointment
If you are contemplating quitting call our central scheduling line at 613-476-0400 ext. 201 to make a Smoking Cessation appointment.
You do not need a referral to obtain an appointment.