During this time, with the entire community pulling together to contain the spread of COVID-19, PEFHT would like to share with you how we're managing upcoming appointments:
Your Family Doctor's office:
All doctors' offices are open to continue to care for you, with some important changes.
• To limit people having contact with one another as they normally would when coming for appointments, your doctor's office may be asking you to switch to a phone appointment or an appointment using technology like a Skype call or FaceTime call where you can see your doctor; this will depend on each doctor's office and what will work for the patient.
• If an in-person appointment is scheduled, it is also likely that you will be asked to wait in your car outside the clinic office until you are called in for your appointment.
Appointments with other PEFHT staff
• If you have an appointment coming up in one of our programs, the PEFHT staff member you normally see will be contacting you about switching to a phone, Skype or FaceTime call as appropriate, or postponing your visit to a future date.
• In the event that an in-person appointment is needed, it is also likely that you will be asked to wait in your car outside the clinic office until you are called in for your appointment.
• It's extremely important at this time that you don't come to your doctor's or a PEFHT office without an appointment - call first!
• Phone lines will be busy so we ask for your patience and that you leave only one voice mail message. We will get back to you.
• We are working on an email alternative - please check here for new information about that.
• PEFHT is not performing COVID-19 testing. Testing is under the management of our Public Health partners. Please call Hastings Prince Edward Public Health at 613-966-5500 if you feel you may need to be tested.
If anyone is in respiratory distress or otherwise seems critically ill, call 911
Hasting Prince Edward Public Health is temporarily suspending water sample drop off at the Harbourview Clinic location in Picton. Belleville and Bancroft sites currently accepting samples.
Helpful Community Information
Listing of other PEC Business Services - Click here
Prince Edward County has launched a new toll-free telephone line launched to help connect people who need them with essential services and volunteer delivery of supplies. The line is particularly aimed to help seniors, vulnerable members of the community, and residents in self-isolation, a release from the County states.
- Volunteer delivery of food and other essentials
- Critical community services
- Transportation options
- Sources of accurate and reliable public health information about the COVID-19 virus
CONNEXOntario is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on line or by phone at 1-866-531-2600 for Addiction, Mental Health and Problem Gambling Treatment Services
310-OPEN (6736) is a free, confidential service to get information, support and referral to all mental health and addictions services in Hastings & Prince Edward Counties in Ontario, Canada. Dial 310-OPEN and be connected to someone with an open mind to help you when you need it. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
CAMH - Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic