Prince Edward Family Health Team
Established in 2006, the Prince Edward Family Health Team’s (PEFHT) mandate was to provide and expand primary healthcare services to the residents of Prince Edward County (PEC).
Today we have 16 County family doctors (regulated for 23) and their office staff work with the PEFHT and are supported by nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, dietitians, and other clinical and administrative professionals in 5 different clinic locations; 4 in Picton and 1 in Wellington. Together, and in collaboration with the community, hospital and other local health organizations and professionals, we provide integrated, team-based, patient-centred primary care through direct office care and innovative, award-winning programs and services aimed at meeting the distinct health needs of the PEC community.
PEFHT believes in investing efforts in strengthening the healthcare ecosystem by:
- participating in region-wide forums;
- building relationships with other community service providers;
- fostering learning and development through student placements and practicums;
- supporting research projects; and,
- encouraging team members to pursue higher education and ongoing professional development.
PEFHT’s focus is not just on illness care, but on building capacity in patients and families to become partners in ensuring Prince Edward County residents have the best possible health throughout life.