During this time, with the entire community pulling together to contain the spread of COVID-19, PEFHT would like to share with you how we're managing upcoming appointments:
Your Family Doctor's office:
All doctors' offices are open to continue to care for you, with some important changes.
• To limit people having contact with one another as they normally would when coming for appointments, your doctor's office may be asking you to switch to a phone appointment or an appointment using virtual technology, where you can see your doctor; this will depend on each doctor's office and what will work for the patient.
• If an in-person appointment is scheduled, it is also likely that you will be asked to wait in your car outside the clinic office until you are called in for your appointment.
Appointments with other PEFHT staff
• If you have an appointment coming up in one of our programs, the PEFHT staff member you normally see will be contacting you about switching to a phone or virtual technology visit as appropriate, or postponing your visit to a future date.
• In the event that an in-person appointment is needed, it is also likely that you will be asked to wait in your car outside the clinic office until you are called in for your appointment.
• It's extremely important at this time that you don't come to your doctor's or a PEFHT office without an appointment - call first!
• Phone lines will be busy so we ask for your patience and that you leave only one voice mail message. We will get back to you.
• We are working on an email alternative - please check here for new information about that.
• Prince Edward Family Health Team, Quinte Health Care, and the County of Prince Edward, opened the doors of the Prince Edward COVID-19 Assessment Centre. The Assessment Centre operates by appointment only, as an outdoor drive-through facility.
Should you have a COVID-19 test? Visit COVID-19 Ontario Self-Assessment site to find out.
Public Health will be reinstating some services out of the Harbourview Clinic location starting the week of July 13:
- Immunizations: by appt and one day / month (a Monday) and first day has yet TBD
- Water Service: two days/week. Wed, Thurs
- Sex Health: 1/2 day / week. Wednesday afternoons
Helpful Community Information
Listing of other PEC Business Services - Click here
Mental Health Resources and Links
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health mental health and stress reduction tips.
CONNEXOntario is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on line or by phone at 1-866-531-2600 for Addiction, Mental Health and Problem Gambling Treatment Services
310-OPEN (6736) is a free, confidential service to get information, support and referral to all mental health and addictions services in Hastings & Prince Edward Counties in Ontario, Canada. Dial 310-OPEN and be connected to someone with an open mind to help you when you need it. They are open Monday to Friday during regular business hours.
Addictions and Mental Health Services Pandemic Helpline: is gradually return to their post-pandemic normal. AMHS-HPE has concluded the Pandemic Helpline; with callers being directed to connect with AMHS-HPE Central Intake 310-OPEN
Crisis Intervention Centre: 24/7 Crisis line. 613.969.7400, ext 2753, or 1-888-757-7766.
CAMH - Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic
Ontario Increasing Mental Health Support During COVID-19 - Click here for Article
What's the difference between quarantine and isolating?
What you need to know: Click here