Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is offering a $25,000 financial incentive
through the provincial government’s Community Commitment Program for Nurses
(CCPN) to an eligible Nurse Practitioner in exchange for a two-year employment
To be eligible for the financial incentive, you must:
• Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired
• Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of
• Begin employment no later than March 31, 2024
• Commit to 2 years of employment at a full-time work schedule with the PEFHT
• Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition
Support Program for Nurses.
Do you qualify? Apply Here
Need more information? View details here.
The Government of Canada offers Canada Student Loan forgiveness to eligible NPs,
RNs and RPNs who work in under-served rural or remote communities that lack the
primary health care they need.
Prince Edward County qualifies as an under-served rural community.
If you are a nurse or nurse practitioner and you qualify, you could receive up to
$20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness over a maximum of five years ($4,000 per year).
Find out more about the Loan Forgiveness Program.