Smoking Cessation Support Service
The PEFHT Smoking Cessation Program provides individualized support and education for smokers of all ages, who are interested in quitting or reducing their smoking.
Our Smoking Cessation Specialists will:
- Assess your smoking history
- Help you to understand the underlying reasons for smoking
- Work with you to develop a quit smoking plan
- Help you pick a quit smoking date
- Review medications that are available to help you quit smoking
- Refer you to your health care provider if you want to try a smoking cessation medication
- Provide nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) free of charge.
- Discuss ways to minimize weight gain when quitting
- Provide in-office or telephone follow-up support
- Help you to revisit and revise your quit smoking plan as needed
Making an Appointment
If you are contemplating quitting call our central scheduling line at 613-476-0400 ext. 0 to make a Smoking Cessation appointment.
You do not need a referral to obtain an appointment.
Other Smoking Cessation Supports:
HPE Public Health: 613-966-5500 ext. 600
Smokers Helpline: 1-866-366-3667
Stop on the Net: STOP on the NET
Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000