Living Well with Chronic Pain
The Living Well with Chronic Pain Self-Management Program is a workshop licensed by Stanford University. It is given for two and a half hours, once a week, for six weeks. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders. There is a weekly focus on action planning and goal setting.
Subjects covered include:
- techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
- appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- appropriate use of medications
- communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- pacing activity and rest
- how to evaluate new treatments.
Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of the companion book, Living a Healthy Life With Chronic Pain. This program also includes a gentle exercise component, a CD and a Chronic Pain Self-Management workbook.
35 Bridge Street, Suite 1