The role of the Health Promoter is tailored and continuously adapting to our patients’ needs. To promote health we will extend our reach into the community. Overall aim to empower those in Prince Edward County to increase their control over, and improve their own health
The Health Promoter at the Prince Edward Family Health Team is working to:
- Increase awareness of the programs/services offered by the Family Health Team
- Support other organizations in the community in developing, delivering and improving various activities related to health.
- Disseminate reliable health-related information to as many residents of Prince Edward County as possible, through community presentations, radio interviews, public speaking, among others.
- Highlight awareness day, week, or month' themes for a variety of topics through the process of conducting and being involved with a variety of health promotion activities (example – November is diabetes awareness month, March is nutrition month).
- Continuously increase knowledge and awareness of health-related community initiatives, groups and organizations being developed or improved.
- Assist in motivating and empowering residents of Prince Edward County to develop and maintain a healthier lifestyle through leading various physical activity programs, setting a positive example, and acting as a role model.
To empower the residents of Prince Edward County to increase control over, and improve their health through partnerships with us to manage and achieve their health-related goals.
Links of Interest
PEC Fresh Good Food Market - https://prince-edward-learning-centre.square.site/
Community Care for Seniors What’s Coming Up https://www.communitycareforseniors.org/whatscomingup.php
Reaching for Rainbows, Mentoring and Empowering Young Girls in Prince Edward County – https://www.reachingforrainbows.net/
ROC & PEC Youth Centre - https://theroc.ca/events-opportunities-for-youth/
Newcomers to Prince Edward County Group - https://www.peclibrary.org/events/newcomers-group-2/
Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines - https://csepguidelines.ca/
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
1-35 Bridge Street,
Matt Del Grosso
Request a presentation of PEFHT Services for your group or organization by email to Matt Del Grosso at email@example.com