Living Well with Chronic Conditions
The Living Well with Chronic Conditions Self-Management Program is a workshop licensed by Stanford University. It is given for two and a half hours, once a week, for six weeks. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders. There is a weekly focus on action planning and goal setting.
techniques to deal with problems such as:
- frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- appropriate exercise for maintaining and
- improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- appropriate use of medications
- communicating effectively with family, friends,
- and health professionals
- how to evaluate new treatments.
Appropriate candidates would include patients living with:
COPD, CHF, diabetes, asthma, depression (mild-moderate), or attending Cardiac
Rehab. Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of
the companion book, Living a Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions, 4th Edition
35 Bridge Street, Suite 1
613-476-0400 ext. 239